just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Moet Hennessy is set to build a new bottling plant for its Hennessy Cognac brand after acquiring a 30-hectare plot of land on the outskirts of Cognac.
China has officially recorded the geographical origin (AOC) of Champagne.
Diageo's bid for full control of United Spirits has received a boost after the Indian group's board approved the allocation of a 10% stake to the UK firm.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has completed its takeover of Mexican bottler Grupo Yoli in a deal valued at US$700m.
AG Barr has outpaced a sluggish soft drinks market and posted an increase in sales in the first 15 weeks of its financial year.
Suntory Holdings' soft drinks and food unit has won approval to list on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE), a move expected to see the company raise around JYN476bn (US$4.7bn).
William Grant & Sons' Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) MD has quit the company and is not being directly replaced.
The Bourbon category is seeing the biggest "hollowing out" effect in the US on-trade as market share for both high-end and value brands grow, according to latest figures.
Tequila producer Patron Spirits has appointed a new global chief operating officer and international president as John McDonnell has left the company.
Pernod Ricard is targeting a 5% lift in its market share in Asia within the next two-and-a-half years, although short-term headwinds in China have slowed growth in recent months.
Product Synopsis This is a detailed report covering FEMSA Comercio’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Mexico....
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research