just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo has begun the long-expected transition of its CEO-ship from Paul Walsh to Ivan Menezes, with the switch set to take place on 1 July.
Carlsberg posted strong double-digit sales and profits growth in Asia as the brewer returned to Q1 profit, the company said today (7 May).
The future outlook for the rum sector looks positive thanks in part to strong growth potential in regions where it remains relatively under-developed, including Central & Eastern Europe and the Balkans, the CIS, East Asia and the Middle East, according to a new report from just-drinks/The IWSR.
The organiser of the London International Wine Fair has outlined plans to reduce the scope of the event in 2014, and to switch venue from ExCeL to Olympia.
Molson Coors' StarBev takeover continued to hurt the brewer's bottom line as costs from the acquisition saw first-quarter profits tumble despite big sales and volumes gains.
Pernod Ricard's The Glenlivet Alpha.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has returned to growth in New Zealand & Fiji as continued strong performances in Indonesia helped boost a mixed first four months of the year.
Monster Beverage Corp has seen a slowdown in sales growth as legal fees took a bite out of its first-quarter profits.
The consolidation of Coca-Cola Icecek's numbers into Anadolu Efes' Q1 performance has seen the Turkish drinks company post soaring sales and profits in the first three months of 2013.
Jones Soda has narrowed its first-quarter losses by US$1.3m, but the troubled soft drinks maker continues to lose sales as it turns away from non-core markets.
The UK-based among you may have witnessed the Guinness takeover of the ad-break in The Jonathan Ross Show late last month. Reaction to the three-minute mock-talk show has been overwhelmingly grim....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer