just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Red Bull has refused to comment directly on reports it has been the victim of threats to contaminate its products in Austria.
Trade group spiritsEUROPE has voiced its disppointment after a bid by the European Commission to define and standardise absinthe was rejected.
The Company of Wine People has announced that it is changing its name to Stellenbosch Vineyards.
Volume sales from US craft brewers rose by 15% in 2012, giving the sub-category a 6.5% share of the country's beer market, according to latest figures.
Diageo's sales in China have stayed firm despite stricter controls covering inter-governmental gifting and banqueting, according to the firm's chief operating officer.
Beam Inc has welcomed a legal ruling in a trademark dispute over its Pucker flavoured vodka brand.
The UK Government has announced a cut in beer tax and scrapped the duty escalator on the category in its annual Budget.
Diageo has distanced itself from entering the 'flavoured' Scotch whisky arena, as Bacardi readies a honey-”infused” expression of its Dewar's Scotch brand.
Belvedere has been granted court approval for its debt restructuring plan, while the French spirits group has also lined up the sale of its Danzka vodka brand.
Pernod Ricard has said its performance in China has been hit this year by the clampdown on inter-governmental gift-giving and banquets.
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. In thi...
According to the global company website, Red Bull is focusing on the core markets of Western Europe and the US, as well as the growth markets of Brazil, Japan, India and China. The company is also con...
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review