just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam Inc is “confident” of victory in a legal battle with Sidney Frank after the US importer filed a lawsuit against the global group and a subsidiary for US$100m.
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
Carlsberg has lined up a stock transaction that will see it take majority control of Chongqing Brewery in China.
The owner of the Stolichnaya vodka brand, SPI Group, has confirmed that it is considering make a move for embattled spirits producer Central European Distribution Corporation.
The Coca-Cola Co has hit back at a lawsuit over the marketing of its orange juice brands after a US judge allowed the case to reach court.
Canada's CAD6.8bn (US$6.6bn) wine industry has major potential for growth as drinkers move away from spirits and beer, according to a new report.
The head of Diageo's African operations has admitted that Nigeria's beer market is taking longer to recover than the company anticipated.
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has reported a slight drop in full-year net profits as marketing and staffing costs offset a rise in sales.
Gruppo Campari is set for a “transitional” year as it invests in its global infrastructure but this could pressurise short-term margins, according to an analyst.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research