just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam Inc is “confident” of victory in a legal battle with Sidney Frank after the US importer filed a lawsuit against the global group and a subsidiary for US$100m.
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
Carlsberg has lined up a stock transaction that will see it take majority control of Chongqing Brewery in China.
The owner of the Stolichnaya vodka brand, SPI Group, has confirmed that it is considering make a move for embattled spirits producer Central European Distribution Corporation.
The Coca-Cola Co has hit back at a lawsuit over the marketing of its orange juice brands after a US judge allowed the case to reach court.
Canada's CAD6.8bn (US$6.6bn) wine industry has major potential for growth as drinkers move away from spirits and beer, according to a new report.
The head of Diageo's African operations has admitted that Nigeria's beer market is taking longer to recover than the company anticipated.
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has reported a slight drop in full-year net profits as marketing and staffing costs offset a rise in sales.
Gruppo Campari is set for a “transitional” year as it invests in its global infrastructure but this could pressurise short-term margins, according to an analyst.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research