just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam Inc is “confident” of victory in a legal battle with Sidney Frank after the US importer filed a lawsuit against the global group and a subsidiary for US$100m.
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
Carlsberg has lined up a stock transaction that will see it take majority control of Chongqing Brewery in China.
The owner of the Stolichnaya vodka brand, SPI Group, has confirmed that it is considering make a move for embattled spirits producer Central European Distribution Corporation.
The Coca-Cola Co has hit back at a lawsuit over the marketing of its orange juice brands after a US judge allowed the case to reach court.
Canada's CAD6.8bn (US$6.6bn) wine industry has major potential for growth as drinkers move away from spirits and beer, according to a new report.
The head of Diageo's African operations has admitted that Nigeria's beer market is taking longer to recover than the company anticipated.
Brown-Forman is unlikely to seek acquisitions in the short-term but may expand its whisk(e)y portfolio at a later date, according to an analyst.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated has reported a slight drop in full-year net profits as marketing and staffing costs offset a rise in sales.
Gruppo Campari is set for a “transitional” year as it invests in its global infrastructure but this could pressurise short-term margins, according to an analyst.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review