just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Gruppo Campari has agreed to sell its Punch Barbieri liqueur brand to Distillerie Moccia for EUR4.45m (US$6m).
Beam Inc's misconduct review in India has damaged sales more than expected and looks set to hamper growth for most of the year, an analyst has claimed.
Heineken has broken its silence and confirmed that it has launched a “strategic review” of its Hartwall unit in Finland.
China is set to overtake Australia and Chile in wine production in the next three years, but the Asian country's soaring rate of consumption will slow, according to new research.
The Scotch whisky sector has not only survived the global downturn, it has prospered, a recently-published just-drinks/IWSR report has concluded.
China's massive beer volumes are set to rise further, but market fragmentation and weak margins may sink SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch InBev's profit hopes in the country indefinitely, an analyst has claimed.
SABMiller has defended itself against accusations that its Chinese JV is set to pay “an eye-watering price” for Kingway Brewery Holdings.
GlaxoSmithKline has confirmed to just-drinks that it has launched a strategic review of its Lucozade and Ribena soft drinks brands, with “every option”, including a sale, being considered.
The CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has argued that "sparkling" beverages is a “great category” that will return to growth in 2013.
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has begun discussions to buy Cognac producer Le Maine au Bois.
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report