just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Gruppo Campari has agreed to sell its Punch Barbieri liqueur brand to Distillerie Moccia for EUR4.45m (US$6m).
Beam Inc's misconduct review in India has damaged sales more than expected and looks set to hamper growth for most of the year, an analyst has claimed.
Heineken has broken its silence and confirmed that it has launched a “strategic review” of its Hartwall unit in Finland.
China is set to overtake Australia and Chile in wine production in the next three years, but the Asian country's soaring rate of consumption will slow, according to new research.
The Scotch whisky sector has not only survived the global downturn, it has prospered, a recently-published just-drinks/IWSR report has concluded.
China's massive beer volumes are set to rise further, but market fragmentation and weak margins may sink SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch InBev's profit hopes in the country indefinitely, an analyst has claimed.
SABMiller has defended itself against accusations that its Chinese JV is set to pay “an eye-watering price” for Kingway Brewery Holdings.
GlaxoSmithKline has confirmed to just-drinks that it has launched a strategic review of its Lucozade and Ribena soft drinks brands, with “every option”, including a sale, being considered.
The CEO of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has argued that "sparkling" beverages is a “great category” that will return to growth in 2013.
Pernod Ricard has announced that it has begun discussions to buy Cognac producer Le Maine au Bois.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer