just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo has circumnavigated many years of work building up a spirits distribution network in India by buying a majority stake in United Spirits, according to a senior executive from one of the Indian group’s sister companies.
Pernod Ricard has the edge over Diageo in terms of investor value partly due to its lower exposure to Europe’s struggling economies, according to an analyst.
Carlsberg holds more potential for investors than its rivals brewers this year as its Russian performance continues to improve, according to an analyst.
Bacardi has confirmed the acquisition of French liqueur brand St-Germain.
Budweiser Black Crown – a stronger version of Anheuser-Busch's flagship beer – will go on sale in the US on 21 January and will be advertised during TV coverage of the Super Bowl.
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte (CNF) has posted a slight dip in full-year volumes, but still delivered its “second biggest performance” in its history.
A full public consulutation on the safety of aspartame has been launched by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) today (8 January).
The Wemyss family, owner of Wemyss Malts, is to sink GBP3m (US$4.8m) into a new distillery in Scotland, with production set to start next summer.
Constellation Brands' boss has said last year's California harvest will produce “fantastic wines”, but a rise in grape prices is set to hit the whole industry.
The US beer market will avoid suffering the same fate as Europe's, as the country's employment-led recovery boosts growth, according to an analyst.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts