just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo has circumnavigated many years of work building up a spirits distribution network in India by buying a majority stake in United Spirits, according to a senior executive from one of the Indian group’s sister companies.
Pernod Ricard has the edge over Diageo in terms of investor value partly due to its lower exposure to Europe’s struggling economies, according to an analyst.
Carlsberg holds more potential for investors than its rivals brewers this year as its Russian performance continues to improve, according to an analyst.
Bacardi has confirmed the acquisition of French liqueur brand St-Germain.
Budweiser Black Crown – a stronger version of Anheuser-Busch's flagship beer – will go on sale in the US on 21 January and will be advertised during TV coverage of the Super Bowl.
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte (CNF) has posted a slight dip in full-year volumes, but still delivered its “second biggest performance” in its history.
A full public consulutation on the safety of aspartame has been launched by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) today (8 January).
The Wemyss family, owner of Wemyss Malts, is to sink GBP3m (US$4.8m) into a new distillery in Scotland, with production set to start next summer.
Constellation Brands' boss has said last year's California harvest will produce “fantastic wines”, but a rise in grape prices is set to hit the whole industry.
The US beer market will avoid suffering the same fate as Europe's, as the country's employment-led recovery boosts growth, according to an analyst.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review