just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
A report in a UK newspaper today (9 December) has claimed that Diageo and Suntory held talks earlier this year with a view to making a move for Beam Inc.
Beam Inc has declined to comment on reports linking Diageo and Suntory to a takeover bid for the US spirits firm.
Talks between Diageo and the Beckmann family have collapsed, leaving the latter without a global distributor for its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand and the former with a clear gap in its spirits portfolio.
Suntory Holdings has spoken out after reports claim that it plans to raise up to US$6bn by selling shares in its soft drinks and food business.
Coca-Cola Amatil's (CCA) second-half domestic volumes have been hit by “price-driven competitor activity” but it still expects to report a 4-5% rise in group net profits for the full year.
Monster has signed a distribution deal with AmBev to distribute its energy drinks in Brazil.
Barr Britvic could be on Suntory Holdings' shopping list in the UK when the Japanese group looks at international acquisitions, according to an analyst.
Southern Comfort is bouncing back for Brown-Forman with a “dramatic improvement” in US sales, the company has said.
Wessanen, a Dutch food group, has postponed the sale of its American Beverage Corp (ABC) unit “until a later date” due to the lack of a confirmed buyer.
The Brewers Association has accused global beer companies of trying to “blur the lines” between their products and "genuine" craft beers.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review