just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week.
Craft beers are taking sales from premium and import beers in the US on-trade, a new study claims.
Rémy Cointreau has reported a major increase in first-half net profits driven by Cognac sales in the US and China.
Brown-Forman has lined up a special dividend payment to the tune of around US$850m, but maintains it still has enough capital to make “strategic acquisitions”.
The UK Government has launched a consultation on plans to set a minimum alcohol price of GBP0.45 per unit.
The "super premium" and "value" end of the US spirits market have grabbed on-trade sales in the US from an underperforming middle, a new study claims.
Carlsberg has confirmed it is “considering various options” for Myanmar following reports it is planning to build a brewery and establish joint-ventures in the country.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has partly rejected health concerns raised by two senators over energy drinks, saying there is no evidence to suggest taurine and guarana are dangerous.
The European Commission (EC) has urged the Scottish and UK Governments to abandon their plans for a minimum price as the measure is “disproportionate” and will be an obstacle to trade.
Accolade Wines has announced that CEO Troy Christensen is leaving the company today (30 November) by "mutual agreement".
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the recent swathe of NPD in the shandy - or radler - sub-category....
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review