just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has posted a leap in losses in the first half of 2012, driven by weak foreign exchange rates and a decline in Russia sales.
UK drinks supplier Waverley TBS has been forced into liquidation after administrators were unable to find a buyer.
PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Co and Dr Pepper Snapple Group are to launch vending machines in the US that display the calorie content of beverages.
The head of Diageo's operations in Europe has reiterated that the company is looking to increase its presence in China's baijiu market.
Category - Wine and vodka blend, sparkling, Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, 14% abv
Growing demand in the US, China and other emerging markets is helping balance out a long-running over-supply of stock in the global wine market, according to a new report.
The 'Global Actions: Initiatives to Reduce Harmful Drinking' conference closed in Washington DC yesterday (9 October) with the unveiling of a new set of commitments by major drinks companies around tackling alcohol misuse.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has insisted it is still on-track to complete its takeover of Grupo Modelo early next year despite reports that the US regulatory authorities have raised concerns over the US$20bn transaction.
Coca-Cola Hellenic is looking to move its primary listing from the stock exchange in its native Athens to London.
Reports today claiming that Diageo's public offer to up its stake in United Spirits is doomed to failure should be taken in some sort of context....
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts