just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month.
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has posted a leap in losses in the first half of 2012, driven by weak foreign exchange rates and a decline in Russia sales.
UK drinks supplier Waverley TBS has been forced into liquidation after administrators were unable to find a buyer.
PepsiCo, The Coca-Cola Co and Dr Pepper Snapple Group are to launch vending machines in the US that display the calorie content of beverages.
The head of Diageo's operations in Europe has reiterated that the company is looking to increase its presence in China's baijiu market.
Category - Wine and vodka blend, sparkling, Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, 14% abv
Growing demand in the US, China and other emerging markets is helping balance out a long-running over-supply of stock in the global wine market, according to a new report.
The 'Global Actions: Initiatives to Reduce Harmful Drinking' conference closed in Washington DC yesterday (9 October) with the unveiling of a new set of commitments by major drinks companies around tackling alcohol misuse.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has insisted it is still on-track to complete its takeover of Grupo Modelo early next year despite reports that the US regulatory authorities have raised concerns over the US$20bn transaction.
Coca-Cola Hellenic is looking to move its primary listing from the stock exchange in its native Athens to London.
Reports today claiming that Diageo's public offer to up its stake in United Spirits is doomed to failure should be taken in some sort of context....
Drinks companies stand to benefit as the global travel retail market continues to expand, buoyed by millions of new passengers from developing economies, according to a new just-drinks/IWSR report....
PepsiCo has launched the latest global advertising campaign for its Pepsi CSD range, featuring US singer Beyonce Knowles....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future