just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
AG Barr has increased sales by both value and volume in its first-half results, but saw rising costs bite into profits.
The Champagne sector stands at a 'crossroads', with some producers backing newer markets to bring growth and others maintaining Champagne's traditional markets remain more critical for its future, a new report has suggested.
The Coca-Cola Co has completed its US$980m deal to buy half of the soft drinks business of Aujan Industries.
Diageo and the UB Group have confirmed that they are in talks over taking a stake in United Spirits.
The Czech unit of Pernod Ricard remains closed as the prospect of a partial lift of the the ban on sales of spirits over 20% abv in the country looms.
Wells and Young's has lined up the sale of its Kestrel beer brand to its MD, ahead of his departure from the UK brewer.
South Africa’s wine trade is attracting foreign investment at a significant rate and the trend shows little sign of declining, according to an industry expert.
Premium beer production in the US is to increase at twice the rate of the overall industry over the next four years, according to a new just-drinks report.
French wine grape growers have applauded a European Commission decision to postpone a ruling that will allow US wineries to use the label “château” or “clos” in the EU.
The shareholders of Fraser & Neave have voted in favour of Heineken's proposed takeover of their Asia Pacific Breweries joint venture.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research