just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
AG Barr has increased sales by both value and volume in its first-half results, but saw rising costs bite into profits.
The Champagne sector stands at a 'crossroads', with some producers backing newer markets to bring growth and others maintaining Champagne's traditional markets remain more critical for its future, a new report has suggested.
The Coca-Cola Co has completed its US$980m deal to buy half of the soft drinks business of Aujan Industries.
Diageo and the UB Group have confirmed that they are in talks over taking a stake in United Spirits.
The Czech unit of Pernod Ricard remains closed as the prospect of a partial lift of the the ban on sales of spirits over 20% abv in the country looms.
Wells and Young's has lined up the sale of its Kestrel beer brand to its MD, ahead of his departure from the UK brewer.
South Africa’s wine trade is attracting foreign investment at a significant rate and the trend shows little sign of declining, according to an industry expert.
Premium beer production in the US is to increase at twice the rate of the overall industry over the next four years, according to a new just-drinks report.
French wine grape growers have applauded a European Commission decision to postpone a ruling that will allow US wineries to use the label “château” or “clos” in the EU.
The shareholders of Fraser & Neave have voted in favour of Heineken's proposed takeover of their Asia Pacific Breweries joint venture.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research