just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
AG Barr has increased sales by both value and volume in its first-half results, but saw rising costs bite into profits.
The Champagne sector stands at a 'crossroads', with some producers backing newer markets to bring growth and others maintaining Champagne's traditional markets remain more critical for its future, a new report has suggested.
The Coca-Cola Co has completed its US$980m deal to buy half of the soft drinks business of Aujan Industries.
Diageo and the UB Group have confirmed that they are in talks over taking a stake in United Spirits.
The Czech unit of Pernod Ricard remains closed as the prospect of a partial lift of the the ban on sales of spirits over 20% abv in the country looms.
Wells and Young's has lined up the sale of its Kestrel beer brand to its MD, ahead of his departure from the UK brewer.
South Africa’s wine trade is attracting foreign investment at a significant rate and the trend shows little sign of declining, according to an industry expert.
Premium beer production in the US is to increase at twice the rate of the overall industry over the next four years, according to a new just-drinks report.
French wine grape growers have applauded a European Commission decision to postpone a ruling that will allow US wineries to use the label “château” or “clos” in the EU.
The shareholders of Fraser & Neave have voted in favour of Heineken's proposed takeover of their Asia Pacific Breweries joint venture.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts