just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev has rejected concerns that its deal to buy Grupo Modelo could be scuppered by US competition authorities, arguing that it will bring "no change" to the country's beer market.
Diageo has added its recently-appointed chief operating officer to its board of directors.
A recovering global economy and health concerns over excessive drinking helped push premium spirits growth above non-premium in 2011 compared to the year before, a new report has revealed.
All of Britvic's Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro packs, which feature a new cap design, are being recalled in the UK due to a "packaging safety issue".
New Zealand's Prime Minister has said he is unconvinced a minimum price on alcohol in the country would be effective, but faces poltical pressure to consider the measure, according to local reports.
The Court of Appeal in the UK has sided with Budejovický Budvar in the latest round in its long-running dispute with Anheuser-Busch InBev over the Budweiser trademark.
Budejovicky Budvar is set to drop Anheuser-Busch InBev as the US distributor of Czechvar, the name given to its flagship Budvar lager brand in the country.
PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Co have defended their soft drink products after an Islamic scholar said he would issue a fatwa on whether they were acceptable for Muslims to drink.
Diageo is launching its premium baijiu brand, Shui Jing Fang, into Europe with its debut set for the UK market.
Diageo's president for Africa has admitted the company is "actively engaged" in dialogue with the South African government over proposed new alcohol legislation that includes a ban on advertising products.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research