just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Diageo has announced plans to invest heavily in its Scotch whisky operations and has lined up the construction of another distillery in Scotland.
Tsingtao Brewery is linking up with Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory Holdings to boost its “competitiveness” in the beer markets of Shanghai and neighbouring Jiangsu province.
Ascentia Wine Estates is understood to have completed its exit from the industry after selling its Columbia Winery and Covey Run brands to E&J Gallo Winery for an undisclosed sum.
Suntory Holdings subsidiary Suntory Beverage & Food Asia is planning to produce beverages in India, a spokesperson has told just-drinks.
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey still has a “long way to go” in the US, with brand recognition currently only a third of its parent brand and opportunities to expand into the on-trade and more international markets, according to owner Brown-Forman.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to buy the Foster's Group's non-alcohol brands as part of its rights acquired from the fallout of SABMiller's takeover of Foster's last year.
New dessert flavours have boosted vodka's continung popularity in the US spirits market, while whiskey's resurgence continues unabated, according to an analyst's study of the country's fastest-growing spirits brands.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a global advertising campaign for its Coke Zero brand.
Diageo has acquired the Cabin Fever maple-flavoured whisky brand from the Robillard family in the US.
Heineken has further boosted its position in cider by acquiring Belgian producer Stassen from its management for an undisclosed sum.
Earlier today (5 December), Diageo hosted a briefing on its position in the vodka category. Here, just-drinks looks at the numbers for the sector as a whole, and Diageo's three global vodka brands....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research