just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Anheuser-Busch InBev has finalised its tie-up with the owner of the Dominican Republic's largest brewer, Cervecería Nacional Dominicana (CND).
The Scottish government has today (May 14) confirmed it intends to set a minimum alcohol price of GBP0.50 (US$0.80) per unit – GBP0.05 higher than previously proposed.
Fresh concerns have been raised over the long-term effectiveness of SABMiller's decision to change the roles within its senior executive team.
Diageo is "reticent" over fully embracing Twitter as a marketing tool until the social media site has introduced age-gating, it revealed today (May 14).
Pernod Ricard has moved to side-step its long-running legal row with Bacardi over the Havana Club trademark in the US, by lining up a new rum brand for the US called Havanista.
Beam Inc's buyout of Pinnacle will not affect the US vodka market in the short term because the brand's flavour line is already too deep, according to the head of Gruppo Campari.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has signed “multi-year” agreements with three major brewers to distribute a wide portfolio of beer brands across Papa New Guinea, Fiji and the Pacific Islands.
Global retailers, such as Tesco, will become an increasing “threat” to international soft drinks brands as consumers turn to own label products, an expert has warned.
A senior figure from the British Soft Drinks Association (BSDA) has questioned the extent the industry is responsible for obesity in light of an overall fall in calorie consumption.
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) is targeting a group of consumers it is referring to as “green casuals” that it believes can help boost recycling rates from packaging.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
It was a merger everyone knew was coming. So, when AG Barr and Britvic announced the imminent arrival of Barr Britvic Soft Drinks yesterday (15 November), all that was left for analysts and commentato...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report