just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Asahi Group will buy Japanese soft-drinks maker Calpis for JPY120bn (US$1.5bn), the company said today (8 May).
Sales of carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) in China are forecast to reach around 20.6bn litres by 2016, representing growth of 47% against 2011, according to a recently-published Mintel report.
Molson Coors' buyout of StarBev was the best deal for shareholders, according to the head of the North American brewer.
Carlsberg has “scope for improvements” in the year ahead, after reporting a significant Q1 loss of DKK76m (US$13.2m), according to analysts.
The Coca-Cola Co has helped create a new McDonald's fruit drink that will launch in the UK next Wednesday (16 May).
Bacardi Brown-Forman is launching Brown Forman's honey version of its Jack Daniel's whiskey brand in the UK this month – the first major product innovation for the brand in 14 years.
Beam Inc has welcomed a ruling by an appeals court in the US upholding its red wax trademark for the Maker's Mark Bourbon brand.
Russia's vodka market will consolidate, more through smaller players going to the wall than through acquisitions, the head of Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC) has forecast.
Jones Soda is gearing up for the key summer selling season by maintaining first-quarter losses versus a year earlier, despite a drop in sales.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts