just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has detained 11 Brazilian and Canadian orange juice shipments, following positive tests for the fungicide carbendazim.
The MD of William Grant & Sons' First Drinks division has said he is not concerned about the financial travails facing Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC), ahead of a distribution tie-up between the two in the UK.
Patrón Spirits International's Patrón XO Cafe Dark Cocoa
The Coca-Cola Co will invest US$1bn in Mexico in 2012, as part of the soft drinks firm's five-year spending plan for the country.
Wine Australia's general manager for market development, James Gosper, has told just-drinks that the country's wineries are right to be optimistic about China, but should approach the market cautiously.
SABMiller has appointed new heads for its Royal Grolsch and Birra Peroni beer businesses.
Argentina has seen wine exports increase strongly in US dollar terms for 2011, thanks to ongoing consumer demand in the US and a jump in sales to China.
Beam Inc has said that it expects more sales and profits gains in its first full-year as an independent company, after reporting a strong overall performance in 2011.
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- The global beer category - The facts
- Heineken Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research