just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has detained 11 Brazilian and Canadian orange juice shipments, following positive tests for the fungicide carbendazim.
The MD of William Grant & Sons' First Drinks division has said he is not concerned about the financial travails facing Central European Distribution Corp (CEDC), ahead of a distribution tie-up between the two in the UK.
Patrón Spirits International's Patrón XO Cafe Dark Cocoa
The Coca-Cola Co will invest US$1bn in Mexico in 2012, as part of the soft drinks firm's five-year spending plan for the country.
Wine Australia's general manager for market development, James Gosper, has told just-drinks that the country's wineries are right to be optimistic about China, but should approach the market cautiously.
SABMiller has appointed new heads for its Royal Grolsch and Birra Peroni beer businesses.
Argentina has seen wine exports increase strongly in US dollar terms for 2011, thanks to ongoing consumer demand in the US and a jump in sales to China.
Beam Inc has said that it expects more sales and profits gains in its first full-year as an independent company, after reporting a strong overall performance in 2011.
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research