just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
SABMiller and Castel have updated their African partnership, with one taking control of the two brewers' operations in Nigeria and the other handling Angola.
Pernod Ricard's Absolut Miami
Diageo has acquired Ethiopia's last state-owned brewer, Meta Abo, in a move that will see the Guinness brewer lock horns with Heineken and Castel in Ethiopia's beer market.
Tsingtao Brewery is reported to be considering opening more breweries in South East Asia, to supplement growth in its native China.
United Spirits may be forced to consider teaming with a multinational drinks partner to fend off the financial pitfalls facing its parent company, The UB Group.
Global wine consumption will increase faster over the next four years, but mature markets and a tough economic climate in much of Europe will leave the US and Asia to drive growth, according to Vinexpo.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has suspended shipments of imported orange juice after The Coca-Cola Co reportedly found a banned fungicide in its supplies, according to reports.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has acquired the rights to the 'Budweiser' trademarks held by Czech brewer, Budejovicky Mestansky Pivovar.
Diageo is set to cut up to 99 jobs in Ireland as part of its plan to restructure brewing operations in the country, but the group has not ruled out building a new brewery in the future.
The North American spirits division of Gruppo Campari, Skyy Spirits, has changed its name to align itself more closely with its parent company.
Pernod Ricard has escaped a sanction from the Advertising Standards Authority after the body rejected a complaint over an advert for Chivas Regal blended Scotch whisky. ...
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly