just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Europe's ongoing debt crisis is forcing drinks companies to consider how they might insulate themselves in the event of a break-up of the eurozone.
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Platinum Label
William Grant & Sons is set to switch distribution of its brands in the Netherlands from International Marques to Maxxium Netherlands.
SABMiller has said that it will extend the responsibilities of Ari Mervis, its current MD for Asia, to include Foster's Group.
The Coca-Cola Co is to acquire an additional 27.16% stake in Coca-Cola Central Japan Co (CCCJ) from Mitsubishi Corp.
Russia's Government will increase a defacto minimum price on vodka by around 70% over the next two years, as part of a duty tax escalator on alcoholic drinks.
- RUSSIA/US: Russian Standard proposes “strategic alliance” with Central European Distribution Corporation
Central European Distribution Corporation has confirmed receipt of a proposal from Russian Standard to up its stake in the US-based company to almost 30%, and form a “strategic alliance”.
The Coca-Cola Co has moved the secret formula for its namesake brand for the first time in 86 years.
Brown-Forman's CEO has voiced his excitement at a resurgent whisk(e)y market in the US, driven by consumers' taste for luxury and innovations around flavour.
Gruppo Campari will follow William Grant & Sons and Marnier-Lapostolle out of the three companies' International Marques distribution venture in the Netherlands, having announced a switch to Brand New Day.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts