just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks last week:
Beam has announced plans to consolidate its distribution network in Mexico.
Kirin Holdings has settled a dispute with Schincariol's remaining shareholders, after agreeing to buy them out for a collective BRL2.35bn (US$1.34bn).
United Spirits has reported strong double-digit rises in sales and profits for the first half of its fiscal year, lifted by both organic growth and the acquisition of Balaji Distilleries.
C&C Group is set to become the number two player in the US cider market by acquiring the Hornsby's brand from E&J Gallo Winery for an initial EUR16.4m (US$22.5m).
Europe will push world wine production slightly higher in 2011, according to a forecast from the International Organisation of Vine & Wine (OIV).
Carlsberg has attempted to reassure investors that it can steer its way out of trouble in Russia, but there is concern that the brewer does not have control over the accelerator pedal.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it does not intend to close breweries in the US and is only part-way through a grand plan to refocus its beer business in the country.
Asia Pacific Breweries has highlighted healthy sales in Vietnam, Papua New Guinea and Sri Lanka as driving its full-year.
A European Commission plan to apply an 'Ecolabel' to food and drink sold in the European Union is facing opposition from leading consumer, environment and industry groups.
PepsiCo has delayed publication of a review of its business plan for 2012 "and beyond".
Allied Blenders & Distillers' Officer's Choice whisky brand overtook United Spirits' Bagpiper as the world's biggest-selling spirits brand, according to recent data....
Diageo has declined to comment on the latest report out of India claiming that the drinks giant is back in talks to buy a stake in United Spirits....
Don Sebastiani & Sons has confirmed a change of sales director for its domestic and international business....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Europe's drinks companies start engines on CETA
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends