just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Fortune Brands has moved another step closer to recreating itself as a standalone spirits company, after completing the sale of its golf business.
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, has acquired all outstanding shares in two breweries in China's Zhejiang province, as it seeks to expand its reach in the country's beer market.
Kirin Holdings has emerged as the winner in the battle to take control of Brazil's second largest brewer, Schincariol, in a BRL3.95bn (US$2.5bn) deal.
Accolade Wines has turned its attention to Asia Pacific, with the creation of a commercial general manager role for the region.
Wine Australia has appointed Angela Slade as its new director for North America.
Gruppo Campari plans to market its new cachaça brand, Sagatiba, more strongly in Brazil to take advantage of emerging demand for premium drinks in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has revamped the can and secondary packaging for its flagship Budweiser brand.
Kraft Foods will separate its drinks brands as part of a plan to split the company in two.
Companies: Accolade Wines, SABMiller, Kirin Brewery Co., Fortune Brands, Molson Coors, Campari, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Gruppo Campari, Foster’s Group Ltd, Bacardi Ltd, Pernod Ricard, Ricard, Havana Club
The second part of January's management briefing sees Spiros Malandrakis and Zsuzsa Szilagyi, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor International, turn their attention to beer and cider. What doe...
Pete Brown is back, refreshed, raring to go, and pondering the future. "Which way will beer go in 2012?", he asks the tea leaves....
SABMiller's Chinese joint-venture, CR Snow Breweries, could get a second chance to dig its claws into Kingway Brewery and mount a stronger challenge to Tsingtao in the country's Guangdong province....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research