just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Vina Concha y Toro has completed the acquisition of Fetzer Vineyards from Brown-Forman for US$238m.
Grupo Modelo has warned that the current levels of discounting in the sluggish US beer market are unhealthy for the industry.
As The Coca-Cola Co gears up for its 125th anniversary, the soft drinks giant has been preparing campaigns and TV adverts to run across its main markets.
Demand for Hennessy Cognac in Asia and the US, backed by continued momentum in Champagne, has helped French luxury goods group LVMH to report strong first quarter sales.
SABMiller has reported a lift in volumes for its latest fiscal year, noting that its financial performance is “in line” with its expectations.
United Spirits has confirmed that its managing director, Vijay Rekhi, has stood down.
Heineken does not expect to maintain its strong volumes and profits momentum from the first quarter due to higher costs and tougher comparables later in the year, but the brewer is encouraged by gains in emerging markets.
One of SPI Group's two shareholders has quit the Luxembourg-based owner of the Stolichnaya vodka brand.
Rémy Cointreau survived a dip in Cognac sales in its fiscal fourth quarter to report a strong rise in net sales for its latest full-year.
Foster's Group has been forced to reverse its decision to appoint Peter Hearl as a non-executive director of Treasury Wine Estates.
The global wine industry remains highly fragmented. In a recent Euromonitor International global briefing, entitled 'How Wine Companies Can Become Global', Jeremy Cunnington looked at why, and whether...
Strong demand for Chamagne and Cognac has ensured that Moët Hennessy continued to increase sales in the third quarter of 2011....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Coca-Cola Amatil names new CFO
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014