just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Oddbins has moved to secure its future by closing 39 stores across the UK.
Heineken has lined up a change to the board of directors at Heineken Holding.
Germany's Bavarian Brewers' association may appeal a ruling by Italian authorities that allows Dutch brewer Bavaria to continue selling its namesake beers in the country.
Suntory Holdings-owned Orangina Schweppes France has launched two new flavours of its principal soft drink brand, Orangina.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine's distributor in the UK, Maxxium, is to maintain its marketing spend on Courvoisier Cognac in 2011, buoyed by success from increasing its investment last year.
The joint-venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, Asia Pacific Breweries, is to sell its stake in China's Kingway Brewery in order to invest more resources in its own business in the country.
Brown-Forman has said it sees more strong growth for Jack Daniel's outside of the US, after a strong showing from the whiskey brand in the group's year so far.
The head of Pernod Ricard has clarified the company's current M&A stance, and stated that he intends for the company to play a part in industry consolidation going forward.
Kirin Holdings has further extended its reach beyond Japan's stagnant drinks market by acquiring a majority stake in one of Vietnam's leading soft drinks producers, Interfood Shareholding Co.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has strengthened its grip on China's Henan province by signing a deal to acquire Weixue Beer Group Co for an undisclosed fee.
A ruling on Kronenbourg 1664 by the UK's advertising watchdog has the potential to set a precedent for marketeers of home-brewed 'foreign' beers....
United Breweries is planning to build two breweries in India as it continues to prosper on the country's fledgling beer market. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research