just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has signed a deal to acquire Turkey's leading spirits producer, Mey Içki, in a US$2.1bn deal that will enhance the Smirnoff maker's presence in emerging markets.
E&J Gallo Winery's vice president of marketing has extolled the virtues of family-owned companies in the wine industry.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has denied that its joint-venture with brewer SABMiller is close to ending, pending a possible takeover bid by SABMiller for Foster's' Australian beer arm.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Canadian subsidiary, Labatt Breweries, has said it is taking legal action to prevent the National Hockey League handing a sponsorship contract to its arch-rival, Molson Coors.
The Coca-Cola Co has joined forces with HJ Heinz in a partnership that will see the sauce maker produce its ketchup bottles using the soft drinks firm's sustainable PlantBottle packaging.
South Africa's Government has hiked excise duty on spirits, despite falling sales for several producers in the country.
Russia's Parliament has backed a bill that will define beer as an alcoholic beverage for the first time, in a move that could prompt further sales restrictions for brewers.
Stock Spirits Group has not given up on acquisition targets in Central and Eastern Europe, even though its private equity owner is believed to be considering selling the business.
Coca-Cola Enterprises is better protected against rising commodity costs in Europe than UK soft drinks firm Britvic, analysts have said.
SABMiller's hostile pursuit of Foster's Group is opportunistic and will probe for cracks between the Australian brewer's board and its shareholders....
Diageo is toasting the release of The IWSR's Top 50 International Spirits Brands list, holding on to the top spot and boasting the largest grower in the top ten....
SABMiller has secured a US$12.5bn syndicated loan to fund its tilt at Foster's Group, according to reports....
SABMiller's joint-venture in China, CR Snow Breweries, has signed a deal to take control of Guizhou Moutai Beer, via a joint-venture with the brewer's owner, China Kweichow Moutai Distillery Co....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research