just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Carlsberg's CEO has used an interview to criticise hedge funds for artificially increasing the cost of raw materials as concerns grow about food commodity prices.
The managing director of United Spirits, Vijay Rekhi, has shrugged off flat profits and a fall in sales at the Indian group's Whyte & Mackay subsidiary.
The European Commission has launched a formal probe into a planned joint venture involving two of the world’s largest orange juice manufacturers – Brazil’s Votorantim and Fischer.
Gruppo Campari is to move distribution of Frangelico and Carolans in Australia in-house, ending a deal with Japan's Suntory.
Chilean winemaker Vina Concha y Toro has reported a 6% rise in net sales for 2010.
The UK arm of Diageo is to double its digital advertising spend on Smirnoff in the country this year, as companies' investments in online marketing continues to grow.
Constellation Brands is locked in a dispute over the ownership of Italian wine group Ruffino.
Heineken has boosted its already-dominant position in Nigeria with the purchase of five breweries in the country.
Brown-Forman has promoted its MD of North Asia, Michael McShane, to the position of MD for Asia Pacific.
The soft drinks arm of Anadolu Efes, Coca-Cola Icecek, has reported a strong rise in soft drinks sales by volume for 2010.
Don't assume that SABMiller has fired the starting gun on a bid battle for Foster's Group....
Carlsberg shares have tumbled after Russia's parliament voted to back new sales restrictions on alcohol....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research