just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Punch Taverns has declined to comment on a report that it may sell its 50% stake in UK drinks supplier Matthew Clark.
Carlsberg has taken another step to scale down its brewing operations in Western Europe by selling its Feldschlösschen brewery in Germany.
The UK arm of Maxxium has reported strong rises in both net sales and profits for its most recent fiscal year, driven by the venture's core brands and the addition of a travel retail business unit.
Heineken is seeking to gain a licence deal to recreate the recipe for what is thought to be the world's oldest surviving bottled beer.
Ratings agency Standard & Poor's has added its voice to those anticipating a fresh wave of drinks industry consolidation in the near future.
C&C Group has declined to comment on a report that it may sign bottling contracts with Diageo and Heineken in Ireland.
Almost a third of beer drinkers surveyed by Mintel in the US are drinking less craft beer than they did one year ago, because of the price.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has moved the MD of its international operations to the new role of senior vice president of corporate development.
Constellation Brands has said that the sale of its Australian and UK wine operations will help it to become more profitable.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's head of marketing in the US has left the brewer.
Part II of this month's management briefing on the drinks retail landscape, concerns itself with convenience stores. How is the impulse channel holding up in these trying times?...
Last week we ran the first part of our exclusive interview with the chief marketing officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chris Burggraeve. Here's part two, in which Olly Wehring tries to get inside the in...
SABMiller's entry into Belgium's speciality beer market makes sense and more niche deals are likely across Europe's craft beer sector....
Budejovicky Budvar has reported net profits of CZK174m (US$10.4m) for 2010, up by 24% compared to 2009....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research