just the Round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
SABMiller has strongly denied a claim that it uses subsidiaries in 'tax havens' to avoid paying millions of pounds in tax on its beer operations in Africa.
The UK health secretary has reaffirmed that the Government plans to ban sales of alcohol at 'below cost'
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up the purchase of the remaining shares in Russian spirit firm the Whitehall Group.
Fiji Water has performed a swift u-turn by announcing that it will reopen its production plant in Fiji and acquiesce to a new tax on its operations.
Remy Cointreau has said that it expects offers for its Champagne business before the end of 2010.
The brewing venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors in the US, MillerCoors, is investing heavily in its new craft and import beer business as it anticipates niche beers will continue to outpace mainstream brands in the next few years.
Rebounding demand for Champagne outside of France has boosted both sales and profits for Laurent-Perrier in the first six months of its fiscal year, even though consumers have continued to pay less for the group's Champagne brands.
PepsiCo's CEO, Indra Nooyi, has hailed the soft drinks giant's deal to acquire control of Wimm-Bill-Dann as a landmark move that will hand it a firmer footing in both nutrition and Eastern Europe.
A subsidiary of the Champagne Alliance co-operative, Jacquart, is to acquire Montaudon Champagne from Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton.
Today (Friday 3 December), at 1000 GMT, Diageo is hosting a webcast about its rum category.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been grante...
Foster's Group has officially transferred shares to its newly-demerged wine business, Treasury Wine Estates....
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research