just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Diageo has strengthened the presence of Guinness on the UK rugby union scene by signing sponsorship deals with the national rugby bodies for England, Wales and Scotland.
Belvédère has said that it will sell the industrial assets of Florida Distillers to an unidentified buyer for US$48m in order to meet debt repayments.
Tough conditions on the UK wine market will cut profits across the global wine sector as emerging countries such as China remain too far behind to pick up the slack, a report by Rabobank has warned.
Radico Khaitan is in talks with international drinks companies with a view to importing and distributing new brands in the firm's native India.
Molson Coors' interest in acquiring the beer operations of Foster's Group appears to have weakened after the Canadian brewer said it would relinquish its stake in the Australian firm.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said that it expects stronger profits momentum in the final months of 2010 after the brewer beat most analysts' expectations in its third quarter.
Diageo has released updated packaging for its single malt variants in the Bushmills Irish whiskey stable.
The UK Government is seeking to penalise the bottom end of the cider market by establishing a minimum juice level for products, in a move that has been welcomed by industry leaders.
Brewers in Russia are seeking to derail a legislative proposal that seeks to further limit beer sales in the country.
Scotch whisky exports rose by 17% in value in the first half of 2010, led by rebounding consumer demand in key markets.
We should not be too surprised that Diageo has ended its flirtation with Stock Spirits....
In Denmark, this month, Pete Brown bore witness to the latest attempt by a multinational brewer to give its flagship beer a global identity. This well-worn road, however, is beset by perils and pitfal...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research