just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Sales of Drambuie, the Scotch whisky liqueur, have struggled to regain ground lost during the height of the global economic crisis.
Australia's wine industry has taken a fresh dip on the currency rollercoaster ride following predictions that the Australian dollar will hit parity with its US counterpart.
Ireland's Alcohol Beverage Federation has strongly criticised a report by members of the country's Parliament that calls for a ban on drinks firms sponsoring sporting events.
C&C Group plans to invest heavily to continue growing its core cider business outside of the UK and Ireland.
International spirits brands upped their dominance of the travel retail channel last, according to recent research.
Diageo has declined to comment on reports that its East African Breweries unit is close to selling a stake in SABMiller subsidiary Tanzania Breweries.
The head of Foster's Group's wine arm, Treasury Wine Estates, has said the firm needs to up its premium focus in the US in order to improve earnings, according to a report.
Heineken's CEO, Jean-Francois van Boxmeer, has said that the brewer still has room to increase sales in Europe, despite beer consumption declines in many countries.
Diageo could raise its profits guidance if the Johnnie Walker distiller's trading momentum from the first quarter continues over the key Christmas period, analysts believe.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly