just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
The on-trade in the Republic of Ireland is experiencing “effective meltdown”, according to the Drinks Industry Group of Ireland.
The European Federation of Bottled Waters (EFBW) has moved to dismiss criticism that its industry is environmentally-damaging by claiming that the ecological footprint of bottled water is lighter than other soft-drinks.
The Edrington Group has reported double digit rises in turnover and profit before tax for its full year on the back of strong performances from its leading brands.
United Spirits has lined up the acquisition of majority control of Indian drinks firm Pioneer Distilleries.
Millennium Alcobev, the Indian brewing joint venture between Heineken and United Breweries, is set to be merged in to the Indian firm.
The head of Diageo saw his annual salary leap by 72% last year, according to the firm's annual report.
The managing director of Beam Global Spirits & Wine in Europe has warned of a potential brand drain from the UK spirits market unless the industry can work together to improve its profitability.
UK wine drinkers are drinking less and losing interest in the category, according to research.
The CEO of Gruppo Campari has described the purchase of liqueur brands Carolans, Frangelico and Irish Mist as financially very attractive and insisted that the deal still leaves room for the Italian group to make further acquisitions.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014