just the Round-Up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the creation of a premium wines business division, while the drinks giant's managing director for distribution is to step down.
AG Barr has placed a “temporary” warning on Irn-Bru drinks labels over the use of artificial colourings linked to hyperactivity in children, in-line with new EU rules.
Jones Soda has said that it is no longer looking for a buyer and will instead concentrate its efforts on building the company’s distribution network, according to reports.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up the divestment of three German drinks brands to Henkell & Co in the country.
Japanese beer giant Asahi Breweries is actively looking to establish a footprint in the Indian market, according to a source.
Alcoholic drinks firms in the US have been reluctant to acquire new businesses in the last 18 months and activity has lagged behind other sectors, such as soft drinks, new figures show.
Carlsberg has moved a step closer to taking a 30% stake in China's Chongqing Brewery, after the deal was endorsed by the firm's workers' committee.
Oversupply on the global wine market and discounting by retailers threaten to derail positive signs in the US wine sector, according to investment banking group Rabobank.
Fortune Brands has posted a healthy lift in sales and profits for the first half of 2010, despite a dip in operating profits at its Beam Global Spirits & Wines division.
The European Court of Justice has ruled that Anheuser-Busch InBev cannot register the name Budweiser as a trademark across the EU.
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014