just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
Irish whiskey's appeal to younger drinkers has shielded the sector from global recession and positioned it for strong growth over the next four years, according to Datamonitor.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has confirmed that it has created the position of vice president of global marketing for its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand.
Foster's Group's US wine division has switched distribution partners in the country in an attempt to “align with distributors who share our growth vision”.
C&C Group has reported a slide in full-year profits, despite an increase in sales in the period.
Foster's Group has today (26 May) confirmed that it will demerge its beer and wine units.
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of Silvia Lagnado as its chief marketing officer.
Champagne house Laurent-Perrier has confirmed that its chairman, Stéphane Tsassis, has resigned “for personal reasons”.
Orangina-Schweppes France has reported an increase in sales for 2009 and has outperformed the French soft drinks market so far in 2010.
Standard & Poor's has lowered its credit rating for Constellation Brands after predicting that there is little prospect for improvement at the wine giant in 2010.
Jones Soda has signed a deal with Walmart, which will see the beverage firm's products appear in the US retailer’s stores.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
Foster's Group has said it intends to contest income tax assessments it has received from the Australian Commissioner of Taxation....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research