just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
FRANCE: Belvedere losses sink deeper in '09
Troubled French drinks group Belvédère has seen net losses for 2009 plunge to EUR177.6m (US$234m).
Research - UK drinkers trade up when out, trade down when home
UK drinkers are drinking less of their preferred brands in the country's on-trade, looking to trade down only at home, according to recent research.
Focus - Molson Coors steps into China
The head of Molson Coors Brewing Co has said that a new joint-venture in China will not mark the beginning of a spending spree on emerging markets.
UK: William Grant & Sons silent on distillery talk
William Grant & Sons has declined to comment on speculation that it may build a distillery for its newly- acquired Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand.
BELGIUM: Brazil boosts A-B InBev Q1 beer sales
Strong demand for beer in Brazil and price rises in other markets lifted Anheuser-Busch InBev beer sales in the first quarter of 2010.
UK: Diageo drinks sales rebound in Q3
Diageo has followed rival Pernod Ricard in reporting a rebound in drinks sales in its fiscal third quarter.
AUS: Foster's Group Aus beer share dips below 50%
Foster’s Group's share of the Australian beer market slipped below 50% for the first time during the first quarter of 2010, according to Neilsen figures.
AUS: William Grant & Sons to go it alone after Suntory tie-up
William Grant & Sons has decided to handle its own distribution in Australia.
Focus - Diageo adds to spirit of renewal
A rebound in third quarter sales from Diageo has increased the sense of renewal in the global spirits sector following a dismal 2009.
Focus - US: Legislation worries Dr Pepper Snapple Group
Pressure for legislation against soft drinks that have been blamed for adding to obesity problems in the US remains a major concern for Dr Pepper Snapple Group.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report