just the round-up - The week in drinks
The week in drinks
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:
UK: Coca-Cola Co plans to swallow Innocent - analysts
Analysts believe The Coca-Cola Co will ultimately want to buy Innocent Drinks outright, after raising its stake in the smoothie maker.
INDIA: Tata Tea, PepsiCo explore RTD joint-venture
Tata Tea has taken a step towards creating a joint venture in its Indian homeland with PepsiCo.
S AFRICA: E&J Gallo Winery enters South African market
E&J Gallo Winery is to launch its first wines in South Africa after appointing Namaqua Wines as a distributor in the country.
UK: Coca-Cola Co considers European job cuts
The Coca-Cola Co has announced plans to review its European operations with the possible loss of 150 jobs.
Focus - Drinks investors toast Moet Hennessy gain
Rebounding Champagne and Cognac sales for Moet Hennessy in the first quarter of 2010 have shot some fizz into the shares of Diageo, Pernod Ricard and Remy Cointreau.
UK: A-B InBev launches Budweiser World Cup bottle
Limited edition Budweiser bottles featuring the FIFA World Cup trophy will be launched by Anheuser-Busch InBev in the run-up to this year's tournament.
EUR: Anti-fraud unit completes counterfeit drinks hauls
Officials from the European Union’s (EU) anti-fraud unit OLAF - l'Office Européen de Lutte Anti-Fraude - have revealed to just-drinks how an international EU customs operation seized 6,400 litres of counterfeit and smuggled alcohol.
AUS: Former police chief joins Foster's Group board
Foster’s Group has announced an addition to its board of directors.
GLOBAL: Scotch whisky exports climb in 2009 – figures
Global exports of Scotch whisky reached record levels last year, according to recent figures, despite a drag in the Asia region.
US: CSD consumption fall due to "industry's innovation" - American Beverage Association
The American Beverage Association has blamed a slide in the consumption of carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) in the US on the level of innovation in the industry and not solely because of consumer concern over rising obesity levels in the country.
Sectors: Beer & cider, Company results, Corporate social responsibility (CSR), Emerging markets – BRIC, Environmental issues, HR – personnel, Legislation, Marketing – advertising & promotions, Mergers & acquisitions, Product launches, Soft drinks, Spirits, The off-trade, The on-trade, Water, Wine
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research