just the preview - SABMiller Q2
SABMiller, the global brewer, is to release an update on trading in its second fiscal quarter on Thursday (15 October).
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the firm, owner of drinks brands such as Miller Genuine Draft, Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Grolsch, in the three months to the end of September.
- In a move lauded by analysts and investors, SABMilller said it would offer 10% of shares in its South African Breweries subsidiary to black investors.
- The UK-listed brewer said it expected flat beer volumes in Europe for its full-year.
- Alan Clark, MD of SABMiller Europe, also warned of tax rises in all the brewer's European markets.
- SABMiller announced it will build a GBP2m (US$3.3m) global research brewery in the UK city of Nottingham.
- The group reported flat lager volumes for Q1, despite rises in Africa and Asia.
- SABMiller's China joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries, appointed SABMiller's Asia chief as its new chairman.
- The brewer took legal action against Diageo over a dispute in Tanzania.
- The firm said it would begin brewing less expensive Grolsch in Russia.
- The group has calculated its water use "footprint" for its brewing businesses in Czech Republic and South Africa, as part of efforts to cut water usage.
- SABMiller said it would build a new brewery in Namibia.
- At the end of the quarter, the firm announced a global campaign for Grolsch.
- This week, the group appointed Paolo Lanzarotti as its managing director for India.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts