just the preview - Pernod Ricard Q1
Below, we look at the company's highs and lows over the last three months.
- In early August, Pernod announced plans to expand the presence of its super premium Beefeater 24 gin in the US, following healthy early sales in New York and San Francisco, where it was launched in June.
- Then, in September, the company confirmed a changing of the guard on its board of directors, as the terms of office for seven of its directors came to an end.
- Later that same month, the head of Pernod's UK operations told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the country.
- Also in September, Pernod transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region. The company said it would shift ownership to Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association from 1 November.
- Finally, late last week, the company's US arm confirmed that it will rejoin the country's spirits trade body, The Century Council. The division quit The Century Council in 2006, saying at the time that it was "inappropriate for the distilled spirits industry to engage in sponsorship of motor sports."
For Pernod's last full-year results, click here.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends