just the preview - Pernod Ricard Q1
Below, we look at the company's highs and lows over the last three months.
- In early August, Pernod announced plans to expand the presence of its super premium Beefeater 24 gin in the US, following healthy early sales in New York and San Francisco, where it was launched in June.
- Then, in September, the company confirmed a changing of the guard on its board of directors, as the terms of office for seven of its directors came to an end.
- Later that same month, the head of Pernod's UK operations told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the country.
- Also in September, Pernod transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region. The company said it would shift ownership to Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association from 1 November.
- Finally, late last week, the company's US arm confirmed that it will rejoin the country's spirits trade body, The Century Council. The division quit The Century Council in 2006, saying at the time that it was "inappropriate for the distilled spirits industry to engage in sponsorship of motor sports."
For Pernod's last full-year results, click here.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research