just the preview - Pernod Ricard Q1
Below, we look at the company's highs and lows over the last three months.
- In early August, Pernod announced plans to expand the presence of its super premium Beefeater 24 gin in the US, following healthy early sales in New York and San Francisco, where it was launched in June.
- Then, in September, the company confirmed a changing of the guard on its board of directors, as the terms of office for seven of its directors came to an end.
- Later that same month, the head of Pernod's UK operations told just-drinks that the group will reinvest budget for the recently sold Tia Maria brand in driving growth of Absolut vodka in the country.
- Also in September, Pernod transferred production of Italian wine brand Canei to the grower's association in the the region. The company said it would shift ownership to Canelli Co-operative Wine Growers' Association from 1 November.
- Finally, late last week, the company's US arm confirmed that it will rejoin the country's spirits trade body, The Century Council. The division quit The Century Council in 2006, saying at the time that it was "inappropriate for the distilled spirits industry to engage in sponsorship of motor sports."
For Pernod's last full-year results, click here.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020