just the preview – Pernod Ricard FY
Back in April, the drinks firm posted a dip in sales for the third quarter, with sales in the nine months to the end of March coming in flat.
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows of the last three months of the France-based company's fiscal year.
- Also in April, Pernod launched a EUR1bn rights issue, which, analysts at the time claimed should secure the firm's financing until 2013.
- Two weeks later, Pernod said it was rolling out Beefeater 24, an extension of the Beefeater gin portfolio, in the US.
- Then, in May, the company appointed Lauren Simkin as the new general manager of its wine and Champagne business in the US, as part of a re-organisation of the division's sales team.
- In June, Pernod confirmed that it was in talks over fresh disposals, after completing the sale of Wild Turkey to Campari in April. Sure enough, in late-July, Pernod confirmed another divestment when it announced the sale of the Tia Maria coffee liqueur brand to Illva Saronno for EUR125m.
- Towards the end of the company's final quarter, Pernod announced a series of executive management changes across its business.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Pernod Ricard has won a court ruling to protect the image of its Malibu flavoured rum brand, including its signature opaque white bottle, in the US....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends