just the preview – Pernod Ricard FY
Back in April, the drinks firm posted a dip in sales for the third quarter, with sales in the nine months to the end of March coming in flat.
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows of the last three months of the France-based company's fiscal year.
- Also in April, Pernod launched a EUR1bn rights issue, which, analysts at the time claimed should secure the firm's financing until 2013.
- Two weeks later, Pernod said it was rolling out Beefeater 24, an extension of the Beefeater gin portfolio, in the US.
- Then, in May, the company appointed Lauren Simkin as the new general manager of its wine and Champagne business in the US, as part of a re-organisation of the division's sales team.
- In June, Pernod confirmed that it was in talks over fresh disposals, after completing the sale of Wild Turkey to Campari in April. Sure enough, in late-July, Pernod confirmed another divestment when it announced the sale of the Tia Maria coffee liqueur brand to Illva Saronno for EUR125m.
- Towards the end of the company's final quarter, Pernod announced a series of executive management changes across its business.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Pernod Ricard has won a court ruling to protect the image of its Malibu flavoured rum brand, including its signature opaque white bottle, in the US....
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair have said that they remain confident for 2010, despite withdrawals of several high-profile wine companies, including Constellation Brands and E&J Gallo...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video