just the preview – Pepsi Bottling Group's Q4 and FY
Pepsi Bottling Group announces its Q4 results on Tuesday (2 February)
Pepsi Bottling Group will report its fourth quarter and full-year results tomorrow (2 February).
Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company, which operates primarily in the US and Canada, in the three months to the end of December.
- PBG played a large role in one of the biggest drinks stories of 2009, when PepsiCo reached a deal to buy out PBG and PepsiAmericas, its two major bottlers, having raised its offer to US$7.8bn. In October, PBG's current CEO and chairman, Eric Foss, was lined up to become head of the new bottling firm, reporting to PepsiCo CEO and chairperson Indra Nooyi.
- Also in October, PBG noted an uplift in consumer demand for soft drinks across Europe and Mexico in the third quarter, but warned that conditions in the US remain challenging.
- Linda Kuga Pikulin, president of PBG's Canada unit, was selected by Women’s Executive Network (WXN) as one of the 100 most powerful women in Canada.
- Earlier today (1 February), the firm announced its intention to acquire independent bottler Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Yuba City, as part of its move to expand its US footprint.
For PBG's third-quarter results, click here.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research