just the preview – Fortune Brands' Q4 and FY
Fortune Brands announces its Q4 results on Friday (29 January)
Fortune Brands, the parent company of Beam Global Spirits & Wine, will report its fourth quarter and full-year results tomorrow (29 January).
Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for Beam Global in the three months to the end of December.
- Earlier this month, Beam Global appointed Byron Hoover as its first vice president for whiskey.
- Back in November, Fortune's CFO, Craig Omtvedt, told an investor conference that the company expects to increase the proportion of Beam Global's sales from outside of the US. Omtvedt said he saw "significant international growth opportunities" in spirits.
- Also in November, Beam Global announced the closure of one of its four bottling plants in the US. The facility in Cincinnati, Ohio, will close, with operations being moved to its plants in Clermont and Frankfort in Kentucky,
- A week earlier, the general manager of Courvoisier, Beam Global's Cognac arm, told just-drinks that he was still cautious on talk of an economic recovery in its key US market. Patrice Pinet noted, however, that he was increasingly optimistic about the UK, Russia and Asia.
- In October, Beam Global announced a realignment of its organisation, both in the US and internationally. The changes have been introduced to "strengthen the long-term performance of its brands and promote organisational effectiveness and efficiency", the company said.
- This realignment will result in what the division called “modest” job cuts. Beam Global intends to to cut staff numbers, with some positions being eliminated and new positions set to be filled to enhance capabilities in certain areas.
For Fortunes Q3 results, click here.
According to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), about 70% of the 2.5bn litres of fruit and vegetable juices sold in Mexico in 2009 were produced domestically. Mexico exported US$266.99m worth of...
Don Sebastiani & Sons has confirmed the appointment of a chief financial officer....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts