just the preview - Diageo Q1
Diageo is set to release a trading statement on its first fiscal quarter at the group's Annual General Meeting on Wednesday (14 October).
- just-drinks revealed that the drinks giant would launch a global marketing campaign for its Tanqueray gin brand.
- Scotland's Government demanded meetings with Diageo over the firm's plan to cut jobs in its Scotch whisky business. However, after an alternative business proposal struggled to fly, the firm announced in September that it would press ahead.
- Diageo realigned its distribution in Japan, following a deal with Kirin Holdings.
- The group launched a global marketing campaign for Smirnoff.
- The drinks giant dropped its annual Johnnie Walker Classic golf tournament in Asia.
- Diageo welcomed the acquisition of a 1% stake in the company by one of China's largest state-controlled investment groups.
- The firm got into a spat with fellow drinks group SABMiller in Tanzania.
- Talks between Diageo and United Spirits officially fell apart in August.
- Amid fears over H1N1, or 'swine flu', just-drinks revealed that Diageo has stocked Tamiflu for all employees worldwide.
- just-drinks interviewed Diageo CEO Paul Walsh, following the firm's full-year results.
- The group said it was trialling a mid-strength Guinness, a move which came as the company prepared to celebrate the brand's 250 years in existence.
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India