just the preview - Constellation Brands Q2
Constellation Brands, the California-based wine giant, will report its second quarter results on Thursday (1 October).
The group saw sales slide 15% in its first fiscal quarter to the end of May, with a 21% drop in Europe, compared to the same period of last year.
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of August.
- Earlier this month, Constellation Europe launched a promotion for its South African wine brand Kumala for the UK.
- In August, Constellation said it had begun a "realignment" process at its European and Australian wine divisions.
- In July, Constellation announced major changes to its distribution set-up in the US. The group said it had signed multi-year deals with four distributors in the US in a bid to streamline its network.
E&J Gallo Winery will continue trimming back its range in the UK in 2010, as the trend for promotions and a "savage" tax on wine make the country a tough place to do business....
Wine importer and distributor Winebow has appointed the former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division as its president....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages