just the preview - Constellation Brands Q2
Constellation Brands, the California-based wine giant, will report its second quarter results on Thursday (1 October).
The group saw sales slide 15% in its first fiscal quarter to the end of May, with a 21% drop in Europe, compared to the same period of last year.
Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of August.
- Earlier this month, Constellation Europe launched a promotion for its South African wine brand Kumala for the UK.
- In August, Constellation said it had begun a "realignment" process at its European and Australian wine divisions.
- In July, Constellation announced major changes to its distribution set-up in the US. The group said it had signed multi-year deals with four distributors in the US in a bid to streamline its network.
E&J Gallo Winery will continue trimming back its range in the UK in 2010, as the trend for promotions and a "savage" tax on wine make the country a tough place to do business....
Wine importer and distributor Winebow has appointed the former CEO of Constellation Brands' international division as its president....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends