just the preview - Carlsberg Q3
On Wednesday (28 October), Carlsberg will update the market on its third quarter sales.
Below, we look at the company's highs and lows over the three months to the end of September.
- In July, street protests and violence forced Carlsberg to close its brewery in Urumqi, the capital city of China's Xinjiang province.
- Carlsberg's 51%-owned unit in Malaysia lined up the acquisition of Carlsberg Singapore, in an attempt to better utilise capacity in Malaysia.
- Carlsberg reported profits up by more than a third in the first half of 2009, but the brewer trimmed its full-year net sales target due to decline on the Russian beer market.
- Carlsberg has partnered with Cono Sur to offer a Chilean wine range to the UK on-trade.
- Carlsberg launched its Russian beer brand Baltika in Norway, as part of the brand's ongoing international expansion.
- Carlsberg announced it was trialling a new drink for women in the UK.
- A change in supplier payment terms earlier this year helped to boost Carlsberg's cash flow in the first half of 2009, but the move drew criticism in the UK.
- Carlsberg extended its sponsorship with the English Football Association for a further four years.
- Carlsberg confirmed the end of its sponsorship of Liverpool Football Club in the UK.
- Carlsberg has signed a deal to nearly double its stake in Vietnam's Habeco brewing group.
- Russia's Government is pressing ahead with its proposal to triple tax on beer from the start of 2010, according to Carlsberg, in a move that analysts believe could significantly damage brewers' profits.
The wave of major consolidation activity in the beer market over 2008 was followed by weakening volume growth in 2009 as the economic downturn put a dampener on bullish tactics. With the global beer l...
Carlsberg-owned Baltika Breweries has said that beer will remain its core business, despite its plans to launch a new water product in Russia later this month....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly