just The Preview - Britvic Q1
Britvic will report interim results for its first-quarter tomorrow (25 January)
Britvic will report interim results for its first-quarter tomorrow (25 January). Here, just-drinks brings you the company's highlights for the 12 weeks to 20 December.
- The UK soft drinks firm impressed analysts at the start of the quarter, with Panmure Gordon predicting the company will produce double-digit EPS growth over the next three years. Despite the firm highlighting continued troubles in its Irish market, the analysts said Britvic's trading in 2011 so far had been in line with expectations.
- In November, the Tango producer announced plans to launch its Fruit Shoot brand across the US, as part of a strategy to expand beyond its domestic market. The company did not give a timeline for the launch, but said it hoped to build on three agreements, one with Pepsi Bottling Ventures, signed in the US last year. Britvic has not disclosed who the remaining two deals are with.
- Panmure Gordon analysts commented on Britvic once again in November, highlighting the firm's cost optimisation and efficiency programmes, which they said will deliver "improved margins over the course of next year" for the company.
- December saw the launch of Britvic's Gatorade G Series Pro range in the UK. The company rolled out a 'Game Changer' campaign to support the launch, comprising of print and online advertising.
For Britvic's full-year and Q4 earnings results, click here.
Richard Corbett has some encouraging words for Britvic, and that's something the company will warmly welcome right now....
It was the week the cap didn't fit for Britvic. An award-winning leak-proof lid on bottles of its Robinsons Fruit Shoot and Fruit Shoot Hydro brands was supposed to mean no more school-bag spillag...
Britvic still has a "robust" business model, but may take some time to recover from its recent troubles, an analyst has said....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages