just On Call - Pinnacle Vodka buy a twin boost for Beam Inc - CEO
Beam Inc is expected to complete the Pinnacle deal this quarter
The US$605m acquisition of Pinnacle Vodka will give Beam Inc “two barrels of a gun that fires very well”, according to the company's CEO.
“What's great about this brand is that we've got scale in both the unflavoured and flavoured parts of the category,” he said in the call shortly after Beam released its first-quarter results.
"We've got a brand that's really operating at the sweet spot of not just the current but the future drivers of the vodka category's growth trajectory.”
Shattock said he expected Pinnacle to boost Beam growth in its first full year, adding US$0.05 to $0.10 per share in 2013 with higher growth beyond.
He said volumes for the brand should exceed 3m cases next year.
“Our extensive consumer research indicates excellent future prospects for the vodka category and the dynamics supporting Pinnacle's growth,” Shattock said.
“But [Pinnacle is] also a bolt-on rooted in higher cost synergies that we're confident will exceed 20% of the brand's net sales.”
For a transcript of the conference call, click here.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China