just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
A tax change on soft drinks in Brazil will force Coca-Cola FEMSA to raise prices in the country by up to 2%, according to the group's CFO.
I'm sorry to bring you wine folk back down to earth ahead of the Mayday weekend. I just wouldn't want you getting excited about nothing over the next three days.
Once a month, the International Center for Alcohol Policies (ICAP), which covers alcohol policies worldwide, looks at what's going on in-market to promote a responsible role for alcohol in society.
Boston Beer Co has resisted raising its full-year profits outlook as the threat of major players launching new ciders and investing in other brands means “uncertainty” for the group, according to its CEO.
Five years ago, the Coca-Cola Co signalled its first move to take a chunk of UK smoothie producer Innocent. The stake purchase would eventually lead, four years later, to Innocent giving up 100% of the company to the US soft drinks giant.
Diageo is to broaden its value beer portfolio in Africa as Nigeria returns to strong growth and the low-price segment increases its market share.
Back in 2009, The Coca-Cola Co set out its so-called “2020 Vision”, a strategy that targeted a doubling of annual sales in 11 years.
So, is minimum unit pricing legal, or is it illegal? It would appear that we're going to find out once and for all.
It's with a weary sigh that I say: Here we go again. When The Portman Group issued a decision about a product made by BrewDog, we knew what was going to follow. At least, then, we weren't left disappointed.
Sustainability has fast become the buzzword of the global drinks industry. In recognition of this, we welcome Ben Cooper as our latest monthly commentator, to consider the importance of sustainability around the world. Here, Ben considers the need for the two sides of the argument to come together, even if they appear poles apart.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets