just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
How will global brewers – particularly in the US - cope with the on-going threat of craft beer in the coming years? And, what impact is the rise of craft having on the market?
Monster Beverage Corp is to start full production in South Africa before the end of this year as it ups its focus on local supply in international markets.
As Russia finally offers the world's brewers a period of (relative) calm, market leader Carlsberg looks poised to turn the corner this year. But, could 2014 be a case of déjà vu for the Danish company?
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and analysis provider looks at the bottled water category.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, we list the multiples of spirits purchases this Century.
The biggest proposed deal in the spirits industry in five years was annnounced yesterday (13 January) with Suntory agreeing to acquire Beam Inc for US$16bn.
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid.
Here, for your delectation, is part two of Chris Losh's predictions for the wine world in 2014.
Flavoured vodka may have hit a bump in the US, but there's a major opportunity in global markets for the sub-category, argues Richard Woodard.
Apart from the usual outliers, the consensus on yesterday's news that Suntory Holdings is poised to pay US$16bn for Beam Inc is that the deal will go ahead.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014