just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Highland Spring Group's namesake brand was confirmed this week as the top-selling bottled water brand in the UK. just-drinks talked to the group's CEO, Les Montgomery, about the brand's long fight to the top and how it is survival of the fittest in the water industry.
Constellation Brands reported its full-year results this week. Prior to the announcement, just-drinks looks at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of February, plus its financial progress last year.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest craft brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50.
Constellation Brands' Mexico brewery plans will help cut a rising costs that pushed full-year profits into the red, an analyst has said.
Monster Beverage Corporation's international profits will jump 50-fold over the next three years, an analyst has predicted.
The 'Big Four' global brewers are expected to be engaged in a “bruising slugfest” in China for some years as margins remain low, analysts have predicted.
Just over six months ago, PepsiCo garnered quite a few headlines when it launched Pepsi Next in Australia. What caught the industry's eye was that this marked the first time that the company had used stevia in the reduced-sugar brand. Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd takes a closer look at the variant and asks: What's next?
When Central European Distribution Corporation confirmed yesterday (7 April) that it is set to file for bankruptcy in a US court, it marked a new low for the company whose crippling debts will likely see it become wholly-owned by one of its main competitors, Russian Standard.
Earlier today (9 April), trade group Spirits Europe released figures showing the performance of European-produced spirits outside the European Union. Here, just-drinks takes a more in-depth look at the figures.
Late last month, just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, sat down with Tim Matz, MD of Accolade Wines' North American division, to talk through the challenges the company faces, the US wine market and the positive aspects of working for a private equity group.
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
A small number of bottles of Constellation Brand's Svedka vodka is being recalled in four US states over fears of bottle defects....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts