just For Subscribers - The week in drinks
The most popular items among just-drinks' subscribers this week
Here are the ten most viewed, subscriber-only items on just-drinks this week:
Earlier today (4 March), Carlsberg announced its intention to up its stake and take control of Chongqing Brewery in China. Here's a closer look at Carlsberg's presence in China, and Chongqing's position in the country's beer market.
The head of Diageo's African operations has admitted that Nigeria's beer market is taking longer to recover than the company anticipated.
All relationships have their ups and downs. And, when it comes to business relationships, you can expect more than your fair share of frosty moments. But, the news that Molson Coors is suing SABMiller’s Canadian subsidiary, Miller Brewing Company (MBC), has raised eyebrows even among seasoned industry observers.
Gruppo Campari's relationship with a “key” German retailer is “back to normal” following a dispute, but its Aperol brand needs time to recover in the country, the company's boss has said.
This month, the editor of Brewers' Guardian, Larry Nelson, is starting the celebration of the Reinheitsgebot a little early. Looking back, however, has prompted Larry to look forward and ask; what future for the ancient beer law?
Britvic is well positioned for a recovery in 2013, helped by its Fruit Shoot brand being back in full distribution and a new CEO, an analyst has said.
Meme appears to be the word for a couple of soft drinks companies who are busy embracing the marketing potential of social media.
The wine world is looking east for the next big market. China has caught everyone's eye, thanks to some mind-blowing numbers of late. But, scratch the surface and, Chris Losh warns, there are still many rivers to cross to get to the promised land.
Well, look at what we might have here. Is this the beginning of the rise of the mega vodka corporation of the future?
There’s a seminal moment in the film Manhattan when Woody Allen turns to his girlfriend and says: “Relationships are like sharks: they have to move forwards in order to survive. And what we have on our hands, my dear, is a dead shark.”
For further details on how to subscribe to just-drinks, click here.
Marketing a beer brand successfully has traditionally involved partnering with a big event and parting with big bags of cash. But, Larry Nelson has been introduced to a smaller, smarter way to push a ...
A spate of recent trademark rows in the drinks industry has prompted Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business to cast his eye over some of them, to see if there's a common thread....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends