just-drinks Vinexpo 2007 - Diary - 5 June
Coming up at this year's Vinexpo in Bordeaux…
A series of conferences and seminars will take place over the five days at the Vinexpo Conference Centre. At 0930 on the Monday (18 June), a seminar on 'How to maximise wines sales in restaurants' will focus on issues such as pricing, wine range and a restaurant's image, the link between turnover and consumption, new kinds of wine containers and sales aids, and how to encourage customers to drink better.
Meanwhile, at 1000 on the Tuesday (19 June), scientists and experts will debate 'Is selling wine and spirits while promoting moderate consumption coherent or a contradiction?'
The conferences are organised by Educ'alcool and Sopexa as part of the Savoir Boire Savoir Vivre initiative to get to grips with issues relating to alcohol.
Top wines from Bordeaux and Burgunday will feature in the Christie's wine auction at the fair on the Thursday (21 June), as well as Champagne and wines from the Rhone Valley. Among the stars are Château Petrus 1982 and 1989, Château Cheval-Blanc 1985 and 1995. Château Mouton Rothschild 1982, Château d'Yquem vintages from 1893 to 1982, Domaine de la Romanée Conti, Vosne-Romanée 1990, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Cuvée da Capo, Domaine du Pégaü 2000, Champagne Krug 1973, Dom Pérignon 1947 and magnums of Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 1981.
For the first time at a major wine exhibition, Vinexpo is opening a new show hall dedicated to the business of marketing and selling wine. Called Marketers at Vinexpo, the exhibition will also link with conferences and seminars by major international figures. More than 50 exhibitors from ten countries will be on show in more than 1,000 square metres of stand space, while 19 seminars will be held in the Conference hall.
To appear in the just-drinks Vinexpo 2007 diary, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alcohol harm is back at the top of the media agenda this week - is it ever away for long? The Alcohol Health Alliance, a newly-formed association of 24 leading health organisations in the UK, is c...
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has voiced her concerns over proposals to introduce warning labels on all alcoholic drinks in the region....
A product launched in the US which claims to reduce the effects of a hangover has been condemned by proponents of sensible consumption and marketing of alcohol....
Hanoi Beer, Alcohol and Beverage Corp. (Habeco) has completed the second stage of a contract which is set to raise its beer capacity in Vietnam, according to local press....
A committee of the European Parliament has come down firmly in favour of drastic changes to the European Commission's plans for reforming the EU's wine sector....
Sapporo Holdings has requested further information from Steel Partners for the third time, regarding the US private equity group's attempts to up its stake in the Japanese company....
The UK Prime Minister has warned the drinks industry to 'get more involved' with the issues of under-age and binge-drinking in the country, or face tougher action in the future....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report