US: Jones Soda to expand sales territory and staff
Jones to expand into three new sales territories
Jones Soda is to expand its sales territories to three new areas of the US leading to the creation of more sales jobs.
The firm said today (26 April) that recent authorisations for Jones’ core soda line will require additional resources to drive merchandising.
As a result, Jones will look to employ sales staff for the Pacific north-west, mid-west and east coast regions of the country.
“Our sales team in the US is currently seven-strong, with three more in Canada”, said Bill Meissner, CEO of Jones Soda. “We’re looking to add experienced individuals to drive execution with the twenty-plus new distributors the company has added in the last six weeks.”
Jones said it is hoping to have the additional staff in place by the end of May.
Earlier this month, the firm reported an improvement in net losses for 2009 and said it will continue to seek a buyer for the company. The company had originally agreed to be merged into Reed’s for about $9.8m in cash and stock, but has since terminated exclusive talks between the two firms in order to speak with an unnamed "third party".
Sectors: HR – personnel
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends