INDIA: John Distilleries silent on CEO exit, eyes foreign wine markets
John Distilleries CEO's future undecided - source
India's John Distilleries has said it will not comment on speculation surrounding CEO Asif Adil, as it looks to focus on exporting its Big Banyan wine range to the UK and US.
A JDL spokesperson declined to comment on the matter. However, a separate source close to the situation told just-drinks that Adil was currently on leave and that his future with the company was undecided.
The speculation comes as Bangalore-based JDL prepares a bigger push on international markets.
“There’s a big appetite for Indian food in the UK and USA and our wines could be perfectly paired with it” JDL chairman Paul John told just-drinks today (15 July).
JDL has launched two new varietals under its Big Banyan range, a Zinfandel Rosé called Rosa Rossa and a Muscat-based dessert wine, Bellissima.
These wines are produced at their 250,000 liter-a year capacity winery in Goa.
Paul John also revealed that JDL is in the process of opening a new winery in Bangalore that will produce wines with a lower price tag.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
One of the first signs of madness, I was always told, is talking to yourself. If that's the case, then Larry Nelson may have finally lost it. Before we cart him off, though, let's listen in on his and...
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
Chinese food and drink conglomerate Bright Food has snapped up a 40% stake in distilled spirit producer Quan Xing Jiu Ye....
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research