EUROPE: Jim Beam still house unveiled at Frankfurt airport
The Jim Beam replica still house is on show at Frankfurt airport
The still house will operate throughout this month and December, Beam said today (5 November). It will give out Jim Beam samples, and information on the distillation process at Jim Beam's home distillery in Kentucky.
Consumers will also be able to take part in a seven-second competition that offers the chance to win a trip to the Kentucky site.
Maxxium Travel Retail MD, Glen Williams, said: “Jim Beam is one of Maxxium Travel Retail’s three largest brands. The Bourbon has outperformed the category in the Europe travel retail channel, growing more than 17% in volume over the last year.”
The campaign is supported by in-store promotional activity on the Jim Beam range as well as advertising throughout the airport, Beam said. A Kentucky still house app will detail the full range of Jim Beam Bourbons and cocktail recommendations.
Beam posted a 3% sales increase for its Jim Beam portfolio in year-to-date results, released last week, down from a 10% jump in full-year 2012. An analyst said the slowdown was down to distributor inventory reductions in the US and Australia and that Beam's Bourbon franchise remains strong.
This article was ammended on 6 December. The original article stated that a replica still house was also on show at Gatwick airport. Gatwick only had a stillhouse-themed tasting bar.
M&A activity across the UK food and beverage (F&B) sector is on the up with deal volumes having increased for two consecutive quarters....
Beam Suntory has launched a social media campaign for Sauza 901 Tequila, featuring the brand's co-owner Justin Timberlake. ...
Beam Suntory Inc has come into being, with Suntory Holdings' acquisition of Beam completing today....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends